best way to finish my kolsch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xbabyboy4021x

Reaction score
ive just brewed my 6th batch of extract brew, its a brewers best Kolsch kit and it has been in the primary for 7 days now, i wanted to bottle it today because its been at the specified FG for about 4 days now, but i also kinda wanted to actually do this one right, all of my previous brews i have bottled after 7-10 days and all i ever hear is "let it sit in the fermentor for longer" so i wanted to wait untill maybe 14 days in primary before bottling, but then i read that real kolsch is fermented at cool ale temps (59-65) and then lagered for a while... well ive had it sitting at about 72 for 7 days and was thinking about lagering in my garage for a week or 2 but im not sure if this will work because right now my garage is 60F and over the night it will probably drop to around 52 and get up to around 60 again tomorrow, im not EXACTLY sure of what it will drop to overnight, thats just my guess, do you guys think that would be alright to lager in or is that too much temp fluctiation?

I'd let it got another 2 weeks in the primary to condition. Put it in your garage and wrap a sleeping bag around it to "smooth" out the temperature changes.

GT

Back