transporting kegs and CO2 tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bighandsray

Reaction score
I am headed down to the Outer Banks, NC this weekend. I am taking 4 cornies and a 5# CO2 tank. It looks like temps will be near 90F. We are traveling late afternoon in the evening and then finishing the drive in the late morning the next day. So the beer and tank have to stay in the car vernight while we are at the hotal. I have an SUV with a roof box. After reading threads about not carrying tanks in passenger vehicles, I am thinking they should all go in the roof top carrier but I would rather have them in the car, what should I do?

I would keep the kegs inthe suv, and keep them upright. If you can ensure the co2 won't slide around you can put that in roof top carrier. If it is going to slide around alot, I woul keep it inthe suv, but that's just me.

I'd keep them in the vehicle, out of the sun. The real danger is a CO2 bottle sitting in a closed vehicle in direct sunlight.

Back