Tonights Dinner!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here I have a picture of tonight's dinner:

DSCF0014-1.jpg

A whole bunch of bluegills for dinner tonight! We got a few monsters, but let them go. And I got a 16'' largemouth bass that I released, too. What a fun day!

Awesome!! Im coming up to the U P in a couple weeks for a fishing trip. We'll be NW of Crystal Falls on Lake Porter. I guess its full of walleye pike and perch. I hope to eat fish all weekend!

I've got a nice little river at the end of the driveway, but I'm 30-40 years too late for fish.

Tophe said:
Awesome!! Im coming up to the U P in a couple weeks for a fishing trip. We'll be NW of Crystal Falls on Lake Porter. I guess its full of walleye pike and perch. I hope to eat fish all weekend!

I don't fish Porter Lake much- I don't know about "full" of walleye but pike is a good bet. Most lakes up here are loaded with pike. Perch is one of my favorites!

WOW. What a great scene. A pickup, a cooler, a John Boat and beautiful douglas firs in the backdrop. Oh...and the fish...those beautiful fish.

Yoop...that sure beats the hell out of my day replacing fence posts in the back yard.

I'm guessing a little corn bread coating, some hot sizzling oil and a healthy dose of salt, pepper and some herbs?

Those people are my son and my husband holding our fish. We did a beer battered deep fried fish (using the turkey fryer that I bought for my brewing with the "extra" pot that came with it). It was awesome!!!!!! By the way, the beer in the beer batter was homebrew, of course- I drank the rest.

Thanks for looking at my picture. It was a great day!

Rich- I'm sorry your dad is ailing. My thoughts are with you.

I haven't had a bluegill in years. We used to ice fish them down on the lower peninsula about 20yrs ago.

Back