Dual Stage Love Control Programming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theron

Reaction score
I have a love dual stage controller wired to extension cords and a side by side fridge with a heater in the fridge side. I want the freezer side for a keezer and the fridge side for ale temps. How do I program the love controller to control two separate temps? Will it allow the fridge and heater to be on at the same time? Also is there a way to have the controller show the fermenter side temp on the display or does it show both? Sorry for all the questions but I don't have room for separate keezer and fermentation chambers in my one car garage.

you're going to at the very least 2 different dual temp controllers. 1 for each side of the unit. now, that assumes that there are separate thermostats for each side that you can control...

most fridges these days do not have separate cooling units for each side, they're tied together with vents. you may be looking at some trial and error.

I thought the whole point of a dual stage was to control two areas at the same time. Or heating and cooling of one area. If not why does it have two temp probes. I could be wrong but if anyone knows if this is possible and what the parameters need to be set at it would be very helpful.

Does this seem right for the parameters? I would have probe one in the keezer side and probe 2 in the refrigerator/fermenter side.
SP1 33
SP2 62
r1 4
r2 .1
a1 72
a3 32
c0 5
c2 inv
p5 2
SD 2

Does this seem right for the parameters? I would have probe one in the keezer side and probe 2 in the refrigerator/fermenter side.
SP1 33,SP2 62
r1 4,r2 .1
a1 72, a3 32
c0 5,c2 inv
p5 2,SD 2
You decide;)
Assuming r0= ind

Freezer side turns ON at SP1+r1= 33+4= 37°F
OFF at SP1= 33°F

Fermenter side turns ON at SP2-r2=63-.1= 62.9°F
OFF at SP2= 62°F

Display will show fermenter side temp on the display( P4= SD2), pushing set
displays freezer temp.
a1 and a3 have no effect on the cooling or heating operation, only set point limit.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Thanks, I just wanted to double check to make sure it was possible and that my parameter settings were going to function correctly. I will probably have to mess with the vent running from the freezer to fridge to keep the heater from cycling on all the time. Am I correct that with this setup I can have the fridge and the heater on at the same time?

Digging up an old thread here.

I am wondering how this worked out. I have a dual temp love controller that I am currently using only one side of the control. I would like to use both portions of it in some way. Can you get a 30 degree+ split out of a upright fridge/freezer with a dual love control?

Sorry it took so long to reply. My garage is insulated and it has been getting into the 90's in Boise. My freezer side runs between 33 and 37 deg. The fridge side has been staying around 55 without a heater. Its not cool enough for lagers however with a fermwrap heater from northernbrewer I get consistent ale temps on the fridge side. I hope that answers your question.

Back