Things SWMBO says on brewday:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No matter how many times she says it and I correct her, I think the most common thing my wife says (when I rack into the fermenter) is, "Why are you putting your beer in there when it still has soap in it?" Every time I tell her, "It's not soap, it's StarSan and it's fine." Yet she'll still ask it the next time--every time.

"I love the smell of the boiling wort."

"Oooh... those hops smell NICE."

"Don't worry about the kitchen floor. I'll get the mop."

(After sampling some cooled wort): "Oh WOW.. this is GOOD!"

Yeah.. my girl totally rocks.

I've heard:

"Why is the floor all wet in the bathroom?"
"Is that one carboy supposed to be doing that?" (No, it's not supposed to be emitting liquid like a volcano).
"What's that sound?"
"What's that burnt smell?"
"Did you know that there is water running out the laundry room door?"

There are lots more, but those are the ones that come to mind fastest. :D

"Do you need to brew two batches today?...How does the pipeline look"
"Are you using enough hops"
"When are you going to be done"

"Oh your brewing today? Ok, I'll use the grill for dinner"

"Can you run the chiller line to the front yard? The Dog pool needs water"

Mine says the nicest thing in the world, nothing. She says nothing about me being in the garage all day (on brew day), she says nothing when I rant to her about some eff-up that I've made. She says nothing when I steal the propane from the bbq to finish my boil. She says nothing when I carry the carboy through the house to the closet. She says nothing when I adjust the house temp to a more beer-friendly range. And lastly, she's said nothing about the amount of homebrew I pour down my neck, but I think that's gonna happen someday.

Brew day with my wife reminds me of a long car ride with small children. They just keep on asking how much longer or are we there yet? The answer is always the same "in a little while" and "no not yet"

savannahbrew said:
Brew day with my wife reminds me of a long car ride with small children. They just keep on asking how much longer or are we there yet? The answer is always the same "in a little while" and "no not yet"

Same here.

The top 10 things my wife says to me on brewday

10. Oh, you're brewing today?
9. Where are you going? - as I'm leaving for the brew shop.
8. You've stunk up the house again.
7. The floor is sticky again.
6. Will you be finished by dinner time?
5. You mean you're still not finished yet.
4. What time will you be finished?
3. When will you be finished?
2. Are you finished yet?

and the #1 thing my wife says to me on brew day is......

1. Still tastes like beer to me. (no matter the style)

Yup: with the requisite tantrums thrown in here and there.

I get, "are you at a point where you can take a break?" If the baby has a poopy diaper I always happen to be busy, Lol!

Luckily no diapers to clean, but she still asks when I can take a break. I try to explain to her that there really aren't any (unless you count waiting for the next step as a break).

"What did I do wrong? Why am I .04 OG points short?"
"Damnit, I forgot to close the ball valve!" - as wort/hot water goes everywhere.

and the #1 thing my wife says to me on brew day is......

1. Still tastes like beer to me. (no matter the style)

My mother in a nutshell. She's tried every single thing I've made and despises it all because it tastes "like beer." Even said that about a cider I made, where I used US-05. I think it's something about the yeast... Kind of glad I moved 2000 miles away and she can't taste them anymore. :D

Latest posts

Back