What size freezer??? 5 Tall Quarters (possibly a couple slim 1/6) to keep size down?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtpeebs1

Reaction score
I'm looking to put 5 tall quarters in my keezer build. What size chest freezer?

I don't want it too big so I'd also be ok with maybe a slim 1/6 or 2 in there to keep size down.

What do you think would work best?

Thanks,

You are going to need a biggun freezer, tall 1/4's take up some space at 11 1/4" dia. I think you are in uncharted waters and will need to take some cardboard templates when you go shopping.

You are going to need a biggun freezer, tall 1/4's take up some space at 11 1/4" dia. I think you are in uncharted waters and will need to take some cardboard templates when you go shopping.

I would do this. I use 9" paper plates for cornies... I guess a 12" paper plate cut down a bit would work. Or just use a string, pencil and cardboard and cut your own
The hard part for you will be finding a freezer thats at least 23 inches deep (from front to wall) so you could fit to back to back kegs in there... otherwise you will have to stagger the kegs and get one thats really long.

So you think maybe all slim 1/6 would be better? I'm thinking I'd like to keep it around 9-12cuft.

So you think maybe all slim 1/6 would be better? I'm thinking I'd like to keep it around 9-12cuft.

Not at all...I really like the 1/4's, but they are bigger of course...just guessing here, but a 9-12 will not hold that many 1/4's. A mix of 1/6 and 1/4 kegs is usually a bit more space efficient as you can usually fit another 1/6 or two when you cant fit any more 1/4's. Do you intend to use the space over the hum w/ a big collar? Go shopping w/ templates.

Yeah, my issue is that I've been to sears and best buys to check out sizes but no one has had any on the floor to make sure of sizes haha They have only been in warehouses. I want everything to be self contained so I will be using the hump for my CO2 tank.

The keezer will be built with a coffin.

Yea gtpeebs1...i know the feeling...I went to buy a clothes dryer and nobody had jack in stock on the floor ready for cash and carry...sign of the times i think as inventory eats you alive. good luck w/ the keezer and stick w/ the tall 1/4's...best size and style for homebrew IME!

Back