Picked Up Some Ball Lock Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HungusBrews

Reaction score
Yesterday I stopped by "Sea Breeze" on my way to my friends house. They are the maker of Bosco chocolate syrup and the provider of fountain soda to most of north Jerzy. I went into their front office and inquired about purchasing used kegs. They were kind of confused and I had to explain the whole homebrewing thing. The guy ended up giving them to me for $25 each with no tax, so I got 4. I think that is a pretty good deal!! If any of you are in the area and need kegs, they seemed to have a lot. They were clean inside, the o rings look to be in good shape, and there are no dents on any of them.

Are there any other good places to acquire soda kegs on the cheap?

Cool. I need to start checking some non-traditional sources for kegs.

+1 I'd be curious to know if anyone else has found any unique ways to score corny kegs. I tried calling a few of the local Pepsi bottling centers / distributors and they told me they're still using the kegs so they aren't selling them. I thought that was kinda odd since I thought that was how we were able to get them in the first place.

I think showing up in person and putting a big smile on my face went a long way in being able to acquire these kegs. I also told them that I lived right up the street. (my good friend does at least) There are RC cola stickers on them so maybe that company is phasing them out and Pepsi isn't?

So you're saying a good place to find used kegs is from establishments (concessionaire's) that use them? Just gotta ask around I guess...

Back