First Batch of Beer ~ Comments from the masses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bschoenb

Reaction score
So..... I've been saving up for a year and a half with $$s, bottles, and research to make my first batch of beer. Oh sure it was a bucket and a turkey fryer...... I had a twenty year home brew beer veteran help me :)... boy, that was a real help!! I highly recommend having an experienced home brewer walk you through the first one or two batches. Having someone walk you through it is a big help the first time; plus you have someone to drink beer with? :-0

My first batch: a California Common; or in my case.. a Michigan Common!

So, my other buddy... who is a beer snob for the Micro brews sand never happy.... tasted my first batch.

And, I got the; Hey this is better than 75 of the micro beer I've tasted. Now, sure he could have been just being nice, ... but he's not that kind of guy; if it sucked he would have told me.

In the end, my first Extract home brew experience has been pretty good.... the beer has been a huge success at Christmas with everybody telling me how much they liked it; even the novice craft beer fans

Who else could I tell?............. :mug:

Congrats and welcome to the best hobby in the world! Pay close attention to what you're doing and make sure you're prepared, and you will have great beer. Once you get experienced, I highly encourage you to pass on the favor by helping someone else get into homebrewing!

Back