Why are false bottoms so expensive??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmonacel

Reaction score
I just don't get it. Some cost about about as half as much as the pot they're supposed to fit. I don't see the cost justification unless they're really hard to fabricate DIY, but I don't see that either. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Low demand, if everyone bought one they would be cheaper. Also because people are paying that expensive price.

Dude, do you know how much they have to pay that little Chinese kid to drill all those holes?
I sell Vollrath commercial 3 ply cookware. If a 4 quart pot is $90 the lid will be $45. Makes no sense. Except low volume as stated previously.

A drill bit is only $3.50....My budy took 2 5 gallon buckets, drilled a bunch of holes in one and thier you go. the other one collects all the goodness.(5gallon buckets fit inside each other why would it not work?)

A drill bit is only $3.50....My budy took 2 5 gallon buckets, drilled a bunch of holes in one and thier you go. the other one collects all the goodness.(5gallon buckets fit inside each other why would it not work?)

it works but there are quite a few limitations
primarly used as just a lauter tun if you do mash with it no direct fire its a PITA to keep mash temps for an hour if you can even mash in the 2 bucket system, its not shiny, its still not shiny.

Latest posts

Back