Austin Homebrew Brew Kettle Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtn80

Reaction score
Hello. I recently decided to upgrade my brew kettle. I ordered the 10 gallon megapot from Austin Homebrew on Sunday, and asked them to drill the two holes for a ball valve and a thermometer (I got the weldless kits for Xmas). The price wasn't bad, around $145.

I really want to brew my first AG batch this weekend, so I religiously checked the site yesterday to see if it had shipped, nothing. Today, I decided to call, and was told by a rather unfriendly operator that the manufacturer hadn't told them the pots were backordered, and it would be two weeks.

So I know they can't control manufacturers, but what about the fact that the website didn't tell me they were out of stock? How about a phone call yesterday to let me know.

Long story short, I'm not happy. Canceled the order. I am just wondering where you guys think I should get a kettle now. I want 10 gallons, I would rather not drill the holes myself, but can, and I don't want to spend over $200 bucks. Any help is appreciated.

Northern Brewer is out of the same pot. They have the 10 gallon Polarware for $193. Not sure if they charge to drill a hole, but it can't be much.

Pots are a dime a dozen...

Midwest Supplies?
BrewMasters Warhouse?
Ebay?
Williams Brewing?

Someone has to have a pot.

I agree 15 gallons would be a good investment... BUT you should be able to get what you want... somewhere.

I can give you 10% off if you can wait until they arrive. The manufacturer (same one NB and MB uses) didn't tell us they were out. They just shipped the rest of the order without them. Sorry. They should have called us or let us know when we ordered that they were out so we could have let people know. The rest of the order arrived late yesterday. I personally drove all over Austin looking for another vedor to buy a 40 qt pot from so you had options. I had no luck and I told the buyer to call everyone tomorrow.

Forrest

Back