What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds tasty
It is... Used 8 oz of chocolate cocoa in the mash. 10 lbs of ripe banana at the end of the boil. Then steeped 4 oz cacao beans in the keg. It's all chocolate in the smell, with a complex banana chocolate taste. Sometimes its hard to tell which one is more dominant.

The specialty grains alone create a dark chocolate taste. Biscuit, roasted barley, and black patent.

This beer would be good with no fruit or raspberry.

Adding to the mash
20180528_140328.jpeg

This is the hot break. Was boiling 10 seconds later
20180528_171025.jpeg

This is flame out with the banana. Peels and fruit.
20180528_192038.jpeg

Gunna be my biggest BIAB to date! Worst cramped so here's a clamp but finished grinding pound 30..and there's moreView attachment 591768
Whats the recipe look like...

I have a ton of roasted malts... I make it from pale just to feel like I'm brewing.

Repurposed a stir crazy popcorn maker to make chocolate malt.

Just started a 2 lb batch of crystal malt.. Probably will be 40L

IMG_2771.JPG

Not great, but not bad either. Tastes of black DD coffee. I am not a fan of DD coffee, but this is drinkable.

View attachment 591769
Not great, but not bad either. Tastes of black DD coffee. I am not a fan of DD coffee, but this is drinkable.
Yeah. I'm from Chicago.

I like their coffee with cream. There donuts now suck donkey dyck. Argued with an owner over and apple fritter with them. They tried to pass of an apple jelly filled donut as a fritter. The Bavarian Creme was only half cooked or so old the creme softened the dough to make it all mushy. It was effing gross. Argued with the owner with a line of people behind me. One guy even said that's not a fritter.

Just got my strike water up to temp and letting it permeate my lauter tun for a few min and about to fly sparge my imperial pumpkin Stout [emoji3] Tampa Bay brewing. A very well balanced pumpkin beer.
aviary-image-1538945297054.jpeg

Latest posts

Back