how long does a 12 pack last in your home?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosmatt

Reaction score
I came to a realization. i drink a wee bit.

i have 15 cases (of just 12 packs) in my bottle collection. just counted em. i have only been saving em for ~3-4 months. i have as many in six pack containers as well.
this is not hard to believe mind you, the bad part is i only drink beer about 3-4 times a week. mostly it's rum i go for. ok, maybe it's 50/50.

SMBO and I go one for one. and a 12 pack is ONLY 6 beers each...im on number 2 now. i will run out before bedtime, and i am a bit bummed by that fact.

what about your house?

So that's a little over a dozen beers a week. I wouldn't worry too much about that. All you need to do is brew more and you can get those numbers up no problem. I found that just by switching to kegging I was making more trips to fill the glass. Give that a shot.

I keg and I go through one about every two weeks or so. I share a few, but it's mostly me.

12 pack during the work week would last about 4 days.
12 pack on the weekend needs to replaced daily.

Are we talking 12oz or 22oz bottles?

During my work week that would last 4-5 days. If I have the next day off its pretty much gone, maybe one or two left after the night..

Last week my roommate and I both had two days off, which is rare for both of up and it was (3) 18packs in 2 days, A bit excessive, even for me.

damn. i wish i was on the speed of some of you. im feelin the celebratin ale right now!
damn. never been this hung over from beer. must have been the redrum and cokes i had after i ran out of beer!
doh!

During the weekdays: 2-3 days

Weekends: (During College Football Season) 1 day
Weekends: (not during College Football season) 2 days

Back