Lactobacillus Question (Berliner Weisse)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhern053

Reaction score
While racking my berliner weisse (6 months old, very sour) into a keg, I siphoned about a cup of the beer into a jug and added some starter wort. Does anyone know whether the starter might start to propagate more bacteria? It's been 24 hours and there are no signs of fermentation.

Basically, is it likely that when I siphoned a cup of the berliner weisse into a jug there was some residual bacteria in suspension? Or is it highly unlikely?

Thanks.

While racking my berliner weisse (6 months old, very sour) into a keg, I siphoned about a cup of the beer into a jug and added some starter wort. Does anyone know whether the starter might start to propagate more bacteria? It's been 24 hours and there are no signs of fermentation.

Basically, is it likely that when I siphoned a cup of the berliner weisse into a jug there was some residual bacteria in suspension? Or is it highly unlikely?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back