Covering the exterior of a keezer....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom_sd

Reaction score
I wanted to cover the outside of my keezer with some decorative diamond plate, but I'm not sure if this will affect the operation.

The keezer doesn't have an external heat exchanger, and I recalled reading somewhere that it uses the external skin.

If I glue the diamond plate on, will that cause to much interference with the heat exchange?

I would just feel around the exterior and see where it's getting hot, and leave that bit uncovered. Probably on the back anyway.

I wouldn't worry about adding aluminum plate. It transfers heat well. As long as your adhesive isn't very thick it would act like a heat sink, helping operation. People run into issues when they use something like wood that insulates the condensing coils from ambient air.

I personally would not want to find out the hard way, neither freezers or diamond plate is cheap and if it does kill it you are out both. The coils normally run on all sides and I know for sure the front has them.

The thin skin on a freezer dissipates heat quickly and anything you add will slow the process.

Latest posts

Back