Leaky Poppet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nanofreak

Reaction score
I have a leaky gas in poppet. When no gas is on it, if I shake the keg Soda comes out slowly (its the kids root beer keg). Will this cause gas loss or any issue as long as it is on gas? Or will this only be an issue if I pull it off of gas? Will the pressure from the gas in make it OK?

It isn't leaking at where the post meets the base, but where the poppet meets the hole on top.

Newer to kegging, HELP!

As long as the o-ring around the top of the post is sound, and you keep a quick disconnect on it hooked up to a non-leaking gas source, the keg will hold pressure.

You might try removing the gas post, take the poppet out, give both a thorough cleaning, then put a film of keg lube on the poppet, reassemble, and see if that fixes the leak...

Cheers!

My thought was with this being the gas IN, and with it having gas connected, it could only leak to the pressure the regulator was set at no? Or is my logic just off?

Like I said new, and obviously don't know a lot about kegging.

As long as the o-ring around the top of the post is sound, and you keep a quick disconnect on it hooked up to a non-leaking gas source, the keg will hold pressure.

Cheers!

Thanks, this is kind of what I was thinking. It has a new o-ring on it, and I can probably pick up a new poppet tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back