Intersting site/store for DIY supplies.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenwoodRover

me-no-r-no Nice Guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was just browsing through the DIY section and looking over the various projects (I think a sitrplate will be my first) and it caused me to remember a great shop local to the chicago/milwaukee area that I used to go to to feed my geek fetish (I think I bought a periodic table t-shirt there when I was in college), and just my luck they also have an online store.
Probably a decent place to one stop shop for my parts needed. Thought I would pass it along.

http://www.sciplus.com/index.cfm

Edit: I'm sure someone has found this site before and as I am a n00b, please let me know if this should be in the "reviews" section.

Hell Ya!

American Science & Surplus rocks! I love all the weird cheap crap you can get from there..... :mug:

I like the thermoelectric cold plate. Forgot what it's called. Wonder how well this would work on the side of a carboy or bucket for fermentation management.

edit:peltier Heat Pump

One could also get a motor for a song here if you are looking to motorize a mill, per se.

I was just browsing through the DIY section and looking over the various projects (I think a sitrplate will be my first) and it caused me to remember a great shop local to the chicago/milwaukee area that I used to go to to feed my geek fetish (I think I bought a periodic table t-shirt there when I was in college), and just my luck they also have an online store.
Probably a decent place to one stop shop for my parts needed. Thought I would pass it along.

http://www.sciplus.com/index.cfm

Edit: I'm sure someone has found this site before and as I am a n00b, please let me know if this should be in the "reviews" section.

I HADN'T SEEN IT :mug:

I like the thermoelectric cold plate. Forgot what it's called. Wonder how well this would work on the side of a carboy or bucket for fermentation management.

edit:peltier Heat Pump

its kinda small at 1 1/2 inches. might make a nice processor cooler for you computer. but I would worry about condensation.

have you googled baby soda bottles? its what whitelabs use. steves science or something like that sells them and includes the stand to keep them upright. they can probably be sanitized for reuse also.

that is exactly what i needed even better than the americanscience site

That's where I got the regulators to build this :
10609-100_2052.jpg

That's where I got the regulators to build this :
10609-100_2052.jpg

Likewise; at $5.75 these secondary regulators are a steal! Perlick brand. I have 7 of them in my kegerator, 6 for beer I'm drinking, one to carb up the next keg to go in. 2 more on hand "just in case". I might get greedy and want 8 beers on tap. Oh my!
I also found some cheap plastic containers to store specialty malts in there.

Back