hose for 1/2" bard to 3/8" soft copper?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlatenight

Reaction score
Looking for some suggestions here. I made a CFC following the directions from this site found here I have a 1/2" barb on my keggle and the CFC has 3/8" copper. Not sure how to connect the two together. I know I could use a hose clamp on the CFC and replace the 1/2 in bard with a 3/8" one, but I'd like to keep the 1/2" on the keggle if possible. I'm thinking of soldering a reducer on the end of the 3/8" on the CFC big enough for 1/2" tubing to fit tightly on it. So essentially it would become an "increaser". That the best approach?

That's what I'd do. Get yourself a 1/2" x 1/4" reducing coupling and solder it on to the CFC. That will give you a 5/8" OD on the CFC for your 1/2" tubing to stretch over. The other way to do it is to put a 1" long piece of 3/8" ID hose over the CFC, then put some 1/2" ID hose over that. Clamp.

Latest posts

Back