Keggle Port Positions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ox1574

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am about to drill the holes for my sight glass, ball valve, and return port on all three of my keggles. Do you guys have any recommendations as to locations of these holes? Is it ok to mount the ball valve directly above the small hole in the bottom/side of the keg for heat related purposes?
Thanks in advance.

If you have to put something over one of the holes, better the ball valve rather than the sight glass and thermo. You can put a piece of silicone tubing over the ball valve handle to make it more heat tolerant.

Sight glass ports go as low as possible, as does the bulkhead. The thermo should go an inch or two above those but certainly not above the centerline of the keg unless you ALWAYS plan to have more than 8 gallons in there.

Are you welding couplings in?

I am installing all weldless bulkheads. I haven't drilled any holes, so both the sight glass and the ball valve can go anywhere. I just watched your video and see that you have both installed between the two skirt holes.

Back