Help with All Grain Life and Limb Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meatball358

Reaction score
I came across another thread on here where someone was looking for help with an extract life and Limb Clone...I would like to brew an All grain Clone but havent the slightest Idea of how to go about writing a recipe and I was hoping someone on here could help me out...I got these specs regarding the beer from his thread

Alcohol Level: 10.2%
OG: 24 Plato
FG: 6.0 Plato
Bitterness Units: 50 IBU
Color: Black
Bittering Hops: Bravo
Finishing Hops:perle & Sterling
Malts: Two-row Pale, Chocolate, Carafa
Other Ingredients: Maple & Birch Syrups (uses the birch for bottle carbing)

Any help regarding how to go about writing this recipe will be greatly appreciated :fro: :mug:

Use something like Beer Calculus and play with it, I have never had that beer but my guess would be about 90-94 % two row, and some combination of Chocolate and Carafa to make up the rest. No way to tell how much Maple syrup is in there but I'd probably go about 14 lbs of base malt and 16 oz or so of maple syrup. The amount of malt depends on your efficiency and how much maple syrup you add. Chocolate and carafa are pretty similar so I'm a little skeptical that they use both, also a little suprised that there's no crystal malt at all, with no crystal, a higher mash temp would be necessary (154-156). Use the hop section of Beer Calculus to get to 50 IBU from those hops (that's the easy part). This sounds like a great beer for the Jamil Show on the BN, you should write them about it. Again, I've never had Life and Limb so I'm just guessing but this approach will give you a decent beer nonetheless.

Thanks for the Reply...I have beerAlchemy software because I am a Mac User but I still havent quite figured out how to use it lol...Ill try to play around with it any if anything good comes of it Ill certainly throw up pics etc on here...any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated :p :mug:

Latest posts

Back