What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A well deserved beer after working on the previously flooded bathroom/laundry area. Just another coat of paint on the walls and trim and I'll be ready to move everything back in.

View attachment 167542

Finally finished the bedroom this past week. I wish I had a before picture to show how different this room is now.

View attachment 167543

Oh and the beer. I'm actually enjoying this. I had low hopes for it, but I'm pleasantly surprised. I like the subtle hint of jasmine. Worth picking up in my opinion.

View attachment 167544

I'll take your word for it and pick up a bottle. I had high hopes for the coconut ipa and the Wootstout and was super disappointed by both!

MrNickVT said:
I'll take your word for it and pick up a bottle. I had high hopes for the coconut ipa and the Wootstout and was super disappointed by both!

I thought the Coconut IPA was good, but nothing special. I have yet to drink the one W00tstout I was able to find because of the boozy comments from others. But this Suede is actually pretty good. I like it.

Maybe because I tried the coconut ipa well after it was released. Maybe after a couple months i saw it pop up at a small shop i frequent and I said why not. Then again could have been the cigar I was smoking while I had it:( the Wootstout was interesting but to me was boozy and not as smooth as I had hopes for a stout !

This, much better.

IMG_1027.jpg

Hard cider while watching The Polar Express. Usually I have hot cocoa but it's 75 ****ing degrees in Raleigh!
image.jpg
And the pic won't rotate.

Hard cider while watching The Polar Express. Usually I have hot cocoa but it's 75 ****ing degrees in Raleigh!
View attachment 167575
And the pic won't rotate.

I used to live down the street from that train. Having New Holland Incorrigible White BA Sour before a delicious homemade Korean dinner.

Attachments

• 1387759612392.jpg
    1387759612392.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 100
Finishing up the bottle of Skeeter Pee while putting a second coat of paint on the base of our new non-traditional Festivus pole (MDF square base that we're covering in black chalkboard paint so neices/nephews can have fun with it, and a 5 foot pole of 3/4" galvanized steel). We'll probably make an aluminum foil star to put on the top.

We were by a Home Depot this afternoon, and got impulsive. Hah.

Yesterday was a blast of beers and a 3month old that went on a rampage.

The '12 was more subdued and smooth. What little hotness there was in the 2013 was gone in the '12.

I got more dark toffee and chocolate in the '13.

I've got a barley wine to try too, looking forward to that.

Nice. I have two '12s and about five '13s. I think I'm going to keep two per year until I have four or five years for a nice vertical.

My awesome SIL got me two growlers of Gordon Biersch Winter Bock (one got drank last night between me and a couple other craft drinkers at the Christmas party I was at). Certainly not my favorite brewery, but I have loved this beer in particular for a long time.

20131222_200300 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Glad to hear thats a good one.. have not tried one I liked yet.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Having a rum and cider. Checked my primary after pitching Conan 4 hours ago. The airlock is going absolutely crazy.

My Dubbel, while working on my German on Duolingo (this is one of the best apps I've used, albeit not without its bugs). The more I drink, the easier this language gets :mug:

What did you brew?

Having another Winter Bock.

A pale ale with Warrior.

In the next few weeks I'll be brewing a coffee stout and a black ale using Conan. Also brewing an ESB along with another IPA (session).

Going to try and brew my sour in 2-3 weeks.

Lots going on.

A pale ale with Warrior.

In the next few weeks I'll be brewing a coffee stout and a black ale using Conan. Also brewing an ESB along with another IPA (session).

Going to try and brew my sour in 2-3 weeks.

Lots going on.

Nice. My sour is coming along nicely. Had a whiff the other day and it smells great. Very excited for it.

Ominpolo Nathalius. IIpa brewed with corn and rice. From Sweden? I like it, bad ratings, has a dusty thing to it not really offputting and its a pretty good heavy hoppy aroma with light malt notes and citrus grapefruit bittter, easy drinking ipa with full body. 6 bucks for a 11 oz bottle kinda sucks but its worth it. When I bought this the cashier was like "ARe you buying this for the bottle label?" I was thinking "wtf?" I replied no Im buying it for the taste. Then she replied " I just dont have a taste for those" Im thinking well sorry bout your luck but keep drinking that bud light like youve been trained to do so and your really missing out. I may be sterotypeing her but I believe she is "Beer Blind". And that should be a term if it is not. And your welcome if I made it up but I proabably didnt. I kinda live under a rock these days so...

ominpolo Nathalius.jpg

As long as you're not on salary, that's not all bad right?

Salary does not exempt from overtime make (pretty clear from the FLSA). And anyone in a position where they can be bumped like that is more than likely also someone who isn't exempt, unless they're classified illegally, whether they're salary or not.

Drinking my Smoked Black Saison.

This.......is not good. There's a reason it was $1.99. At least the bottles are worth it.

image-4058959727.jpg

Back