Carbonic Acid in all 3 kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmbigda

Reaction score
{Background: Like most people I store my corney kegs in a temp. controlled chest freezer. At this moment I have 3 kegs at various levels, an almost empty, a half, and an almost full. All of these were slow carbed, and tasted great for the past couple months.}

This past weekend I moved my setup from my apartment to my new house. I disconnected CO2 and brought kegs and freezer over. The next day I connected CO2 and plugged the keezer back in.

Now all 3 beers have the carbonic acid bite. I guess I should have purged the kegs but I didn't think it was necessary. It also could have been caused by hooking the CO2 up to warm kegs, though I find it hard to believe it could overcarb in the 24 hours it took to get back to 40 degrees.

Altough I'm curious about cause, I'd rather get input on how (if possible) to save these kegs.

Thanks,
Bryan

It's possible that shaking them forced extra CO2 into solution, meaning they're basically overcarbed at this point.

Disconnect the CO2 and purge them every few hours until you're sure they're below the desired carb level. Might not work, but it's worth a try.

Latest posts

Back