The latest version of my RIMS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missing link

Reaction score
All electronics are now in the box, along with 2 HEX and 2 pumps. Everything is controlled via the BCS-460. I am still fighting with the wireless access point to make it controllable from any internet connection.

DSC_00621.JPG

On brew day, I just plug in my extension cords and hook up 4 hoses and I'm good to go.

DSC_00651.JPG

I took this pic while brewing so I wasn't able to open the lid all the way. I am eventually going to make the box out of aluminum diamond plate and add plexiglass panels inside to keep the electronics shielded from any stray water.

So far this is very easy to set up and stores in a very small space. My favorite part is I can use any vessel size. I can use a 5 gallon cooler for very small batches or a 20 gallon cooler for big batches!!

Linc

I like the set-up and ease of use, however I would never put pumps and liquid carrying vessels in the same box with electronics. Plastic pump heads have cracked. It would seem to be an electronics 101 no-no, IMO.

I like the set-up and ease of use, however I would never put pumps and liquid carrying vessels in the same box with electronics. Plastic pump heads have cracked. It would seem to be an electronics 101 no-no, IMO.

I have to agree with this. I know it is convenient and looks neater, but another thing to keep in mind is that your motors can't "breathe". They are generating heat, add to that the radiant heat from your HEXs and you are courting early failure for your motors. All that heat is bad for electronics as well.
Add a sealed and preferably insulated separator between the "wet" and "dry" halves, then provide some ventilation for the motors and you will be onto something there.

Latest posts

Back