First All Grain - Centennial Blonde Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinHog

Reaction score
I am going to do my first AG this weekend and have some questions. I plugged the recipe into beersmith hoping to get the mash in and sparge water amounts, but it only gave me the mash in amount. Is there a way to set it to where it will give you both? I plan on batch sparging and set the mash profile to single infusion, light body, batch. Is this the correct setting? This is the first time I have used beersmith, so I am kind of learning on the fly. Also, it said to add 10.94 quarts for the mash in. Do you round up to 11? I have no way to measure to that exact amount.

Thanks for the help. :mug:

I checked their website and they have a writeup on how to set up your equipment profile in beersmith

BeerSmith Equipment Setup

Your sparge is Final volume in fermenter minus losses minus strike water.

So you need to educate your software to the losses in your brew system:

Boil off
Trub loss
Dead space under manifold

... Also, it said to add 10.94 quarts for the mash in. Do you round up to 11? I have no way to measure to that exact amount. ...

Yes - just round everything off. I figure my mash and sparge water to the nearest quart and go with that. I usually round them up to insure that I get enough wort in the kettle. In this case, close enough is good enough. :mug:

Back