Hello from Mesa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyboy

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

A noobie from Arizona here. My kids got me a Mr. Beer for Father's Day and looked for a site where I could learn more about brewing better beer. Planning on getting a new 5 gal fermenter on payday and save my Mr. Beer for micro batches (2 gal). Looking forward to moving up from no-boil brew to real extract brewing, partial mash brewing, and finally all-grain. But, you have to walk before you can run. (or in the case of brewing, you walk to the store, brew some beer, drink the beer and stagger, try to run and realize you can't, sit down to rest, see the beer next to you and drink some more :-D ). Anyway, I'm look forward to getting some expert advise on brewing as I improve my brewing techniques.

Welcome to HBT. :mug:
You will find lots of great information here. I think you will find that moving to 5 gallon batches will be well worth your time.

Oh and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Welcome to the forum. Be sure to keep the Mr. Beer. After you graduate to bigger batches, it can be used for experimental research. If you haven't been there yet, the Homebrew Depot at the 101 & Quadalupe will offer lots of help.

Wild

Welcome to the forums, you'll be brewing All-grain before you know it. In the mean time, here is some inspirational reading.

From our own Richbrewer: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=8805 (This could motivate those Partial Mash urges).

And also: http://www.howtobrew.com/ (Palmer has a newer version out, but this will suffice until you decide to purchase it).

By the way, what type of flying do you do?

wild said:
Welcome to the forum. Be sure to keep the Mr. Beer. After you graduate to bigger batches, it can be used for experimental research. If you haven't been there yet, the Homebrew Depot at the 101 & Quadalupe will offer lots of help.

Wild

As will Brewers Connection, down University, between Rural and McClintock. Www.brewersconnection.com

steve

Flyin' Lion said:
Welcome to the forums, you'll be brewing All-grain before you know it. In the mean time, here is some inspirational reading.

From our own Richbrewer: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=8805 (This could motivate those Partial Mash urges).

And also: http://www.howtobrew.com/ (Palmer has a newer version out, but this will suffice until you decide to purchase it).

By the way, what type of flying do you do?
Hey, Flyin Lion

I fly out of Falcon Field finishing up my IFR ( about 3-4 hrs to go ) working toward my CFI. I've flow 150's, 152's (about the same plane), 172's (currently), and archers. Planning on getting checked out on a 182 when I get done with my IFR so I can take more then 600 lbs.

flyboy said:
Hey, Flyin Lion

I fly out of Falcon Field finishing up my IFR ( about 3-4 hrs to go ) working toward my CFI. I've flow 150's, 152's (about the same plane), 172's (currently), and archers. Planning on getting checked out on a 182 when I get done with my IFR so I can take more then 600 lbs.

You are such a fortunate person to be able to fly. I always wanted to do that ever since I was in the Air Force at Williams AFB in the early 60's. I worked on T33's and T38's. Just where is Falcon Field?

Welcome to the site flyboy :)

Wow we are getting alot of people from Metro Phoenix on here... wee all need to get together for a brew session sometime.

WBC said:
Just where is Falcon Field?

Between McDowell and McKellips and between Greenfield and Higley in Mesa.
The club I belong to (Brewmeisters Anonymous) is currently accepting brewout site ideas for our next brewout. This includes parks like North Mountain Park. The next one should be held around the 1st or 2nd weekend in December. I'll let you know where and when if you'd like to come out and brew.

Wild

wild said:

The club I belong to (Brewmeisters Anonymous) is currently accepting brewout site ideas for our next brewout. This includes parks like North Mountain Park. The next one should be held around the 1st or 2nd weekend in December. I'll let you know where and when if you'd like to come out and brew.

Wild

Very cool... keep us updated.

Missed the get together on the 19th. I was my wife and my 19 anniversary. We'll all need to get together in October when the temp get below triple digits. :) BTW, Steve from brewers connection helped me start my first partial mash pale ale on Saturday. Air lock is bubbling nicely. We'll see how it tastes when I rack in in two weeks. Looking forward to it.

Back