Need Help With Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjai

Reaction score
I recently picked up a Danby DAR446BSL. I have read posts of people that have converted them, however where do people get the information on where they can drill holes?

This is link shows how to do it for another type of fridge, it should work for your fridge as well (at least the drilling part).

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks exactly like my fridge, and exactly what I need to find the line(s), thanks!

I will! I was unable to find a guide for my exact model, but I know others have done it! I might as well make a guide of some sort!

UPDATE:

I just assumed (heh... I know how it sounds...) that my fridge was the same deal as a slew of other Danby fridges that looked exactly like mine but have different model numbers. I drilled behind the light (after carefully measuring of course) but can't remember the exact measurements so I won't post them :D.

For drilling, I removed the plastic topping and Styrofoam, measured the distance from the front of the fridge to the center between the light and metal backing inside the fridge. Did the same again on top for centering the hole. Then I drilled. I repeated this process for the plastic top.

I used a piece of plywood and backed it against the edge of the plastic topping to prevent it from turning, then I mounted the tower by drilling through the plastic into the plywood.

Here is the outcome:

IMG_20110603_164229.jpg

IMG_20110603_164235.jpg

IMG_20110603_150314.jpg

Back