help me interprete this quote

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Context: The host had a caller who was accusing him of being racist. It was a regular caller who pretty well always accuses someone of being racist. This was followed by a long line of callers coming to his defense usually with comments like " I'm not a racist but...". This guys line floored me though. A real WTF? moment.

Oh he definately was not the brightest bulb! I took it as " I'm not racist but my boys and I in the backyard will beat your ass if you look at us funny." I think he was so amped up that he ran about three thoughts into one sentence. I think this is one of the reason talk radio can be so addicting:p

He probably followed that up with something inappropriate and the producer dumped him. Radio clipping technology is pretty good and they record with enough lead time that the producer can usually dump stuff without you even knowing.

My guess: First I ever heard of the word 'aryan' was from the nazi beliefs. Nazis are associated with Germany, beer is associated with Germany. Hence the association with 'aryans' and beer. Or something.

Could it have been an attempt to make a really stretchy racist association in order to ridicule another poor racist association made earlier in the show (i.e. sarcasm)?

Latest posts

Back