Rushing a Hefeweizen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
images

I just brewed a hefe yesterday. Is it gonna last long enough to take to a party next month?

B

I have done it in as little as 10 days, inadvertently and not meaning to rush anything. I got laid that night.

5 days in the primary (fermentation only lasted 2.5 days, 1.5L starter), 5 days cold crashing and force carbonating (I give my carb a head start by jacking it up to 30psi and rolling it around for 2 minutes). Hefe's usually ferment quickly (hope you used a large starter) in 3-5 days, so you should be ok.

I do agree that beers need a moment on C02, but that's why you sometimes add a lemon or an orange to the glass.

Probably not. Too good to share with others. :D

hey weizenwerks.. I haven't had time to get back to you. You're saying your licensed brewery is 4 years old?

The 100 bbl brewery you worked in for four years wasn't in Germany I take it?

As I said before, the home brewed weizen isn't going to be mature (married) at 12 days. especially if you are using speise to re-ferment

:rolleyes:

Seriously? Get over it, dude. Somebody on the internet has an opinion that isn't shared by you. OH NOES! ITS THE END OF THE WOOORLD!

Seriously, move on.

Besides, it's quite obvious that weizen tastes better while it's still fermenting. Anybody know that! :p (Small Joke!)

Latest posts

Back