Good summer ale/1st brew recipe anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boulderight_Brewing

Reaction score
I am just about to pick up my first brew kit and I wanted to brew a summer ale, and was curious if any of you had a good recipe. I will be brewing with someone who has brewed before and I am a accomplished culinary student with good understanding of measuring/scaling/cooking, so it does not need to be an extremely boring/easy recipe.

Also, any hints for a noob much appreciated.

Thanks guys

:rockin:

Steep a few lb's of 2 row and .5# crystal malt, maby some Vienna or biscuit malt ,(.5#), and add tea to pot add 4-5 # Light DME or LME. Bring to boil. Then add 1 ounce Cascade pellets at 60 min, 1 oz at 20 and 1 oz at 5. cool to 65-70 deg and pitch WLP 001 or any yeast thee likey.
Cheers, and here's to a summer full of APA.

I tell you, I've been really impressed with Brewers Best full bodied weizenbier. It might not be an EXACT replica, but it's good none the less. No grains. Just LME and hops. I'm not a hoppy kind of guy, so I reduced the hop schedule to 1/2 ounce both bittering and finishing. It's good. No after taste, nice body and you can drink this stuff all day long. Doesn't leave you thirsty either.

Latest posts

Back