Oberon Mini Keg Lamp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavandeh

Reaction score
After I had mentioned that I need a few lamps for my new apartment, my father mentioned that he had a lamp kit. He and I spent the better half of the afternoon assembling this gem.

2007 Oberon Mini Keg Lamp

I'm thinking that I'll start selling them!

After I had mentioned that I need a few lamps for my new apartment, my father mentioned that he had a lamp kit. He and I spent the better half of the afternoon assembling this gem.

Looking good.
I used to make lamps out of kegs and ceramic bottles for friends.
Made my first lamp in 2004 and used the kegs for a beer sampling table too.

http://www.hobbybrauer.de/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=702

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Very similar to what I did, I just had a longer center post that went all the way through the bottom of the keg and was fastened to the base for added stability. I figured this would be best since it is so tall. I might try to get some time on my friend's lathe and construct a covering for that center post that looks a bit better than the screw threads!

I have a "HAMM'S Tapper" 2 1/4 gallon fat barrel aluminum keg, 9.230" diameter x 11.750" tall. This would make a great light stand or a mini fuel tank for a 3/8 scale Golden T 23 T bucket street rod RC project. Even polished up on a wood cradle on the end of a bar.

Nice!

I think Ill have to do this to the two 2010 mini kegs I have in the basement.

I love the dali theme they went with this year.

So do you pour plaster in the bottom or how do you weight it down so that it isn't top heavy?

Nice table, reminds me of 'when harry met sally'.
Is silicone really the only thing holding that table together?
Thanks
No brewingmeister,the silicon keeps the kegs in place.
The support comes from the steel pipe inside.

Table_pipe.jpg

Cheers,
Claudiusb

Back