F'ing MutherF'ers stole it!! -- IT'S BEEN RECOVERED!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rectified? Not quite. EdWort has his stuff back, but you must still deal with the perpetrators. Especially when it's a kid. That's how they learn that bad decisions have bad consequences before the consequences get really serious.

Agreed. Now I'm absolutely not proposing or supporting any violence against the perps, vigilante justice is illegal and uncivilized. But I think not reporting a crime is a real disservice to the community, and ultimately to these kids as well.

I say we go over there and kick their asses!

I volunteer- all 135 pounds of me! I bet I could get one (maybe two) good smacks in before they took me out. What do you say????? :D

Ed - got anything I could steal? ;)

Oh we gotta take up a collection to fly Yooper down for a smacking. I got an awesome visual from that description. :fro:

Me too

Congrats Ed! (Although I was quietly looking forward to seeing the replacement built.)

I say get Yoop out there in her Brew Mistress outfit and give them punks a few lashes with her "beer line" cat-o-nine tails.... with the fittings and clamps still on the end of the beer lines!

On second thought.... :eek:

BlindLemonLars said:
Now I'm absolutely not proposing or supporting any violence against the perps, vigilante justice is illegal and uncivilized.

Not to call you out, but how is violence done at the hands of the police and the courts any more civilized than violence done at the hands of the victim?

I don't support the use of violence (in my eyes, justice is about repairing harm to the victim, not harming the perpetrator) but if ANYONE has claim to do it, it's Ed.

The thieves have returned the property, so that aspect is solved. There's still the issue of the costs to reclaim your stolen property, such as time making forum posts or phone calls to the community. Ed is the one that was harmed, and he's the one that should have justice.

As to calling the police, most people have this amazing doublethink barrier that prevents them from rationalizing state violence with consiquences. Some police officers coming down to intimidate the guys, or arrest them, will make them feel like crap but does very little to make them see that their actions were wrong because Ed was harmed. I don't think there's much good that comes out of that route, and if they're arrested, it's the "community" (taxpayers) who will be funding those guy's stints in jail. The people calling themselves "the state" wasn't harmed, I see very little reason they need to be involved.

Letting the community know those guys are creeps if they're not willing to make good will do a lot more than most people assume.

Sounds like a topic for the debate forum. Should the purpose of "justice" merely be to right a wrong (Ed gets his stuff back), or is it valid for there to be a punitive aspect?

Anyone wants to talk about this, bring it to the debate forum; otherwise, it's off-topic and will be deleted. Not fair to bring a debate topic into Ed's thread.

Anyone wants to talk about this, bring it to the debate forum; otherwise, it's off-topic and will be deleted. Not fair to bring a debate topic into Ed's thread.

I like that forum more every day. A topic can now die and not die at the same time! :tank:

...I was already compiling the list of parts to build something else for my neighborhood Oktoberfest coming up in 6 weeks...

The hitch lock is a good idea, but maybe you should consider getting one of these off of eBay?? :D

Car-Boot-2.jpg

Glad you got your stuff back, Just as I had predicted, a kid from the neiborhood! I wouldn't include the thiefs in a brewday but I would let them disassemble the keezer and clean beer lines, followed by mowing my lawn, washing my car while I shoot them with my paint ball gun! I could video tape the whole thing and call it "Survivor, Texas Outlaws!" Of course there would only be 1 episode!

Eastside

I would approach the parents and negotiate an obligation of community service. In other words, I won't file a complaint with the police if you sign up for community service for the number of hours that the stolen stuff was missing. Imagine the horror when they find out they can't play GTA4 for several hours at a time.

I just got word that the trailer & kegerator have been recovered and are safe and sound behind a locked fence till I get home.

Word went out to the neighborhood HOA email list and a neighbor reported seeing some suspicious activity at one house and let my friend know. He went over and confronted the parents of the suspected kid and told them he just wanted the stuff back, no questions (saved them a felony conviction, if not an asskicking). Turns out the kid gets on the phone to his buddy in another neighborhood who had it and they brought it back.

The brewers are celebrating the return of the rig and best of all, the Cooler/Kegerator still had ice in it.

Whoo Hooo! Thanks for all your support and sympathies!

I think this kid should definitely be facing charges of some kind. If this kid is not taught a lesson, then he's just going to keep doing dumb sh*t like that again.

Then again, if I was this kid's father, I'd have taken him to the police station myself.

I'm sure it is a good feeling to have recovered everything in one piece, but I'd still would have pressed charges. The little ****s would have likely got off with a slap on the wrist, but it would have gave them something to think about.

Ed - You need to employ BEE CAVE SECURITY!

Have a bunch of bee hives set on top of the keezer at dusk!! However you may have to serve the brew in beekeepers suit!!! :D

Dumass's may think twice about stealing this keezer of yours.

beekee1.gif

This thread was a rollercoaster of emotions: sadness, loss, rage, hatred, then elation, exuberance, drunken nakedness, dancing!

Ed always delivers the finest of everything. :mug:

Well, my baby has finally been returned to me. She was dropped off last night and is now safe and sound back home. On a sad note, my premium Micromatic regulator was toast after riding around town while loose inside connected to my 20# CO2 bottle. The little bastard who took it will be buying me a new one.

KegCooler2.jpg

Now it's time to get the beer lines flushed and cleaned and add 1 more faucet for the upcoming Oktoberfest.

This puppy will never be left anywhere overnight again. Thanks again for all your support!

This puppy will never be left anywhere overnight again. Thanks again for all your support!

Ed, I was right, now you are over cautious. :D

Ok, maybe rightfully so.......

\You could just post the kid's adress and stuff and then we'll just see what we do with it ;)

Ed,

Happy to hear shes back home.

Hopefully it wont be to much work to fix it after the kids trashed it.

Regards,

-Dis

It's cleaned up and a 7th faucet was added. It's ready to go for my neighborhood's 2nd Annual Oktoberfest tomorrow. Whoo Hoo.

It will be trailered home immediately after this party!!! :D

It's cleaned up and a 7th faucet was added. It's ready to go for my neighborhood's 2nd Annual Oktoberfest tomorrow. Whoo Hoo.

It will be trailered home immediately after this party!!! :D

Did the punks(or parents) pay for your new regulator, etc.?

Latest posts

Back