Stupid birds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan_PA

Reaction score
There is a large glass window in my office. Once a month, I hear "...THUMP". I look out, and sure enough, a bird crashed into the glass. 50% of the time they get their bell rung and then fly away eventually, others, not so lucky. Another one just kept the ratios going. This one lived

I wouldn't call 'em "stupid". They've evolved over the course of millions of years; glass is an invention of the last like .000001% of their existence...

PS: in accordance with the Kansas state school board, I'm required to post the following alternative: 5000 years ago, god made stupid birds.

I wouldn't call 'em "stupid". They've evolved over the course of millions of years; glass is an invention of the last like .000001% of their existence...

PS: in accordance with the Kansas state school board, I'm required to post the following alternative: 5000 years ago, god made stupid birds.

he put the windows there to test their faith.:D

I remember being at an office building once that had huge glass windows and I looked up to see a perfect bird imprint. Wings spread and all. Then I looked at the ground and saw the birdy. I laughed quite hard. :D

Stupid birds...

istockphoto_4682954_grilled_chicken.jpg

...Are tasty

An Owl or hawk silhouette on the window usually prevents such stupidity.

I don't think it is as much stupidity as the fact they can't see the window. At flight speeds it just appears to be a large opening, if there is a reflection it is just an opening into another yard.

Craig

This happened last year at the in-laws. When I looked down, there was the back half of a chickadee poking up out of the snow. The other one who flew into the window lived for a short time...

Thump, BARK!,BARK!,BARK!, SLAM!, SLAM! (two greyhounds out the dog door), WHACK, whack, whack (door swinging to a halt).

Worst case: bird isn't dead, just stunned & they bring it inside!

Best case: the bird gets away & the hounds just come back inside & demand treats for protecting the house.

Brilliant.

Back