ginger beer, how to make alcohloic.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stover

Reaction score
im new to this forum and would like to ask a few questions about ginger beer and how to make it alcoholic.
Now before i ask away i will mention i have a illness where i cant read or stare at a tv for longer than 3 to 8 minuites let alone a computer screen, this makes me have seizures and leads to massive headaches for some time after. the reason im stating this to you all is because it has most likely been asked ( how to make ginger beer ) and explained before to someone else, and since this forum is so large and has many articles it would take me a whole decade to sift through all the posts to find the answer if there is one already.
Before i continue i have my friend who is computer literate helping me with this so this could be very interesting to the reader.

For some years now i have been using my grandfathers GBP ginger beer plant and now have lost it completely and i never froze a batch if something like this was to happen i also didnt get the chance to share it on with somebody, i now have tried to make another taking me 8 weeks now ( the early 1700"s recipe way ) without yeast and i think ive finally made one that is healthy. its small but healthy, only enough to bottle 2 litres so far, and before i grow it out to capacity thats needed for 13 litres this takes time as you may know, so this is a very small GBP.

im not an expert in making ginger beer allthough i have experimented like many other people and come up with a good tasteing ginger beer that suited my family friends and of course myself so i really dont need to change the taste, however any shared info on a better tasteing ginger beer is welcomed and im always up for a challenge.

What im realy wanting to ask is ( 1 ) how do i make my ginger beer alcoholic, around the 2.5 to 4% ? is it by adding more sugar when bottleing or fermenting ? do i do something else when im feeding the GBP ? i just dont know!
so would someone please point me in the right direction as to what i should do or give me a detailed ( what to do ) note on how to do it.

( 2 ) has anyone heard of loading the whole GBP into the fermenter and is this how to make it alcoholic ? this was just something i heard from a chimney smoking bloke when i was asking questions locally if anyone knew how to make ginger beer alcoholic ? this sounds very suss to me and since i have only gotten a GBP starter again i dont want to risk it on a old fellas inexperience or hunch.

thankyou in advance for your help. :mug::mug:

Back