New Project Need Ideas - Pepsi Cooler Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akthor

Reaction score
So my town has a place you bring your trash and all your recycling. Off to the side they have a garage and people can put stuff in there free for the taking. I always check it out. Well I came across this wheeled pepsi cooler. It's the kind that you see sitting next to the cash register at a convenience store. They fill it with ice and the stick sodas in it trying to entice you to buy it as you check out. It's insulated, on wheels, has a nice drain.

Now I already almost have a wheeled trash can kegerator completed that can hold 3 or 4 kegs. But I won't need or want to bring that many kegs all the time. So I am thinking I turn this cooler into a single keg kegerator.

But the twist is I also have a chrome beer tower with faucet.

So I am thinking I build a collar attached to a nice top with a drip tray with the tower installed. I would make the collar and top one unit and make it so it can attached and taken off the cooler part easily. Now I don't own or have access to alot of woodworking tools so I could use some ideas and tips on how to make this happen ;)

IMAG0205.jpg

IMAG0206.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

I have a few of these at work (Slice not Pepsi :-/ ) and I've thought about the same thing.

Or maybe hooking it up to a mini fridge for a fermentation chamber.

They actually belong to Comic-Con, but I might be able to get one.

I work at a gas station that has these things around all of the time. It'll hold ice for a maximum of 24 hrs on average. Maybe more if the bottles (keg in your case) is pre-chilled. Would be a great thing to bring to a party/picnic. I don't see a problem drilling into it to attach a collar. If you're going for portability, I'd try to build the collar out of plastic/plexiglass. I think wood would be overkill for a plastic, non insulated, portable cooler.

I might build the collar out of some sort of plastic lumber. The stuff they use for decks? That way it would be sturdy and water proof. Maybe use like laminate flooring for the top, give it a nice look and something sturdy to attach the top to.

I am also thinking about building a wall between the keg side and the CO2 tank side. That way I wouldn't waste ice on the CO2 tank.

I work at a gas station that has these things around all of the time. It'll hold ice for a maximum of 24 hrs on average. Maybe more if the bottles (keg in your case) is pre-chilled. Would be a great thing to bring to a party/picnic. I don't see a problem drilling into it to attach a collar. If you're going for portability, I'd try to build the collar out of plastic/plexiglass. I think wood would be overkill for a plastic, non insulated, portable cooler.

Back