hello from central Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobthebiker

Reaction score
Hi to all you home brewers out there.

I"m Bob, a rather new guy to brewing, I dont brew my own beers yet, but I'm here to learn and in time share my experiences with everyone as I find stuff I like/dont like.

Right now, I'm not 21 yet, but I've only got 3 months to go. Doesnt mean I havent had a beer or two before, even though its rather not legal who hasnt done it? I'm not crazy about off the shelf beers.

In all honesty, I dont like the concept of buying beer someone else brewed, I guess you could say I feel as though I'll enjoy and appreciate my beer much more if I make it myself. Thats just how I am I think, I can appreciate the home brew much more than any commercially brewed stuff.

Anyways, I hope to learn a great deal from everyone, and in time be able to teach a little as I learn and grow myself. Oh and brew some cool stuff up.

Welcome aboard! I'm just south of you (hillsborough cnty). There is a relatively new LHBS in Tampa (closest place around, I believe, to both of us) Welcome to Southern Brewing
its growing quickly, and seems to be doing quite nicely -the prices are reasonable and the service is friendly. They also have classes from time to time, so get on their email list. If you go there, you will probably run into myself from time to time as well. Its a really rewarding hobby -especially if (duh) you like beer. Grin.
Haven't regretted anything other than taking so long to get involved.

thanks for the warm welcome everyone. makes me feel like part of a very friendly family.

I'll definitely look into some of the local home brewing places and make an effort to ask questions and learn what I can where I can. I'm sure that much like the world of motorcycling, this isnt just a hobby so much as an art form that is never truly perfected, but you keep trying anyways.

Hello... good to see another biker (I'm a biker too)...

These guys here are very helpful and friendly... welcome.

Is that the hurricane? I had a hurricane once...

I now have a VTR1000... Honda rocks. :D

My dad has a CBR600 but I can't remember what year it is.

Yes, my 87 is the Hurricane. I presently have the whole motor out for valve work, but its been dead reliable. Hondas are sweet machines. this is only my THIRD so far since I started. the VTR is a nice bike.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only motorcyclist here.

Back