Finding green tea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duongcuongnuong

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for a provider for this tea which was given to me some time ago:

For some reason, I can't post pictures. the imgur ids for the photos of the tea box are: 3qjbyCU, syKo3od, Z1QoiTt

Unfortunately, I don't speak Japanese, Chinese nor Korean and am unable to read the inscriptions on the box.

Someone told me that this tea was related to green tea, 仙茶 (fairy tea?).

Could someone please give me at least some hints about where to look for this tea?

Thank you a lot for your help.

I'll keep an eye out too. I don't drink 'booch, but I drink a lot of tea.

If it is a light tea, then it likely is a white tea. They pick the young leaves and the buds to make this tea. It has a very light flavor and little to no caffeine.

Is it loose tea or bagged? What do the leaves look like? If they look 'fuzzy' then chances are it is white tea. After steeping, the liquor is generally light green to light tan in color, and the taste is very mild even if you steep it for a long time. Unlike most black teas, it generally imparts no bitterness. Same is true for good grade green tea - you can even resteep the leaves multiple times with good quality green tea.

Back