Consistent off flavor in all my homebrews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you are going to stick electric. kal's site made it super easy to make a heat stick. theelectricbrewery.com . while i'm not doing his whole setup. i easily picked up a lot of things i hadn't thought to do. but not getting a full boil i would think hurts the taste.

if you brew in doors on your stove place the kettle over 2 burners that's what I do full rolling boil on my stove I also take alum foil fold it a couple times and wrap around the bottom of the kettle blocking any gaps between the stove and the kettle for better Heat retention your method does not sound much diff from mine but I ferment at 63 and go to 66 after primary ferm is over for ales and I have never heard of using champden tabs in beer could this be the issue? and I have been brewing over a year and have never has this (homebrew taste) you speak of nor have any of my friends of fam that have tasted my beer
btw im all grain biab I also just started kegging a month ago "AWESOME!!" **** bottles only good bottle is one your shooting at ^^

Back