Other Juices that taste good fermented and carbed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopherM

Reaction score
What other juices besides apple juice are good fermented then carbed (other than grapes, obviously)?

Just looking at an acidity chart, I see that peaches, apricots, guava and watermellon have about the same acidity as apples. Pinapples and grapefruits are not that far off, acidity-wise. Has anyone ever tried to ferment and carb these juices, or anything else for that matter?

True, but what ends up with a palatable product....that's what I'm asking.

Someone has also smoked every plant in the universe, but not all of them have a nice, smooth high :O)

True, but what ends up with a palatable product....that's what I'm asking.

Someone has also smoked every plant in the universe, but not all of them have a nice, smooth high :O)

haha. ok true (lmfao). even still, i imagine there has been good drinking beverages fermented out of pretty much anything with sugar or starch that we eat. maybe some of them are not as good by them selves as others, but in some combination i bet everything has been used to some degree with success.

for instance i hear that peach tastes funny when fermented dry, but i see peach wines and the like. so some how people have figured it out. i think it would be easier for you to pick something you think would be interesting and look to see if you can find a recipe with it.

also i wasn't trying to nay say your question. its definately a good question, i just imagine it being a little dificult to answer.

Back