Northern Kentucky

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsruther

Reaction score
I've been lurking here for about a month and at first I was going to try a hopped LME. With all that I've learned from this forum and other net resources, I've decided to go straight to all grain. Today I bought the hardware for my Lauter Tun. This should be a lot of fun. The wife is into it too, she wants to help. We drink pretty much beer, so we want to try and keep our alcohol content kind of low. I've searched through the recipes and the first one I'm going to try is Cream of Three Crops (Cream Ale).
It seems like a popular brew and it's just the type of beer we like.
It also looks like a great starter for AG.
Thanks to everyone for all the great information.

Hey a fellow northern kentuckian Where you gettin' your stuff Listermann's?
Also, the partysource has some basic stuff for fairly cheap.

Best Regards, good luck, and have fun.
Epi

Hey a fellow northern kentuckian Where you gettin' your stuff Listermann's?
Also, the partysource has some basic stuff for fairly cheap.

Best Regards, good luck, and have fun.
Epi

I went to party source last weekend and picked up about 12 bottles of different micro-brews, to get an idea of what kinds of beer I want to brew.
The micro market seems to be flooded with pale ales. They must've had at least 30 different ones. I'm going for the imports next time, more variety.
I was surprised at how much homebrew stuff they had (even bottles) and the prices weren't really that bad. It'll be good to know that if I need something in a pinch, PS is only about 10 minutes away and they're open sunday.
I haven't been to Listermann's yet. Do they have good prices? I searched Googles and found a place on Beechmont ave. called Paradise brewing supplies. I figure I'll check them out first, since they're closer. Gonna try and pick up all of my equipment Saturday.

Do you know of anywhere that I can get Hops Rhizomes locally? I'm hoping Deer don't eat them.

...Do you know of anywhere that I can get Hops Rhizomes locally? I'm hoping Deer don't eat them.

No not locally, I ordered mine from Freshops- Home
Planted them last year but haven't had much luck with them, perhaps I'm doin' it wrong. I'm used to growing herbs, fruits, and veggies not weeds and grains :)

I was just at PS earlier Today, I picked up a kit of English Nut Brown. Was gonna do a German Amber but due to the hops shortage PS didn't have hops in stock (and evidently haven't had them for two years).
I was in a hurry to get brewing so I didn't want to deal with getting up to Listermann's, so, a kit'll do it for my first beer.

As far as listermann's prices go they're pretty average but they do have an awesome selection.

I'd like to hear about that one on Beechmont didn't know about them.

I would recommend checking out PS's growler station, they sometimes carry some phenomenal brews. When your done with what you've bought the growlers make for great experimental carboys.

There is such a variety of beers to try, happy hunting. Also, Liquor Direct in South Gate has good prices on some "exotic (read delicious)" beers.

Take Care.

I was checking out that growler station the other week while the wife was in the humidor gettin' her gars. It didn't seem to spark my interest. There's not much room in the budget for specialty beer after we grab a bottle of Bourbon.
I'll check out the place in Southgate, that's not too far from me.

It's right by domino's and 1st wok (up where drug emporium used to be).
Come to think of it, it might be Ft. Thomas, it's right off of 27 by 471.

Back