Sierra Nevada Brewery coming to Asheville, NC!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty cool. Sierra Nevada is a class act. I'd have to imagine the people in NC are thrilled.

Hopefully they have a policy on their female employees shaving. Never saw so many hairy armpits as I did in Asheville, shudders.

It is so weird that Asheville is this huge brewing mecca on the east coast nowadays.

When I was going to school in NC, Asheville wasn't exactly the first place anyone thought of when they wanted quality beer. Other quality "intoxicants" maybe, but not beer.

I heard they were looking to expand to the east coast makes the most sense logistically. Congrats to NC, Sierra Nevada is an awesome brewery.

I wonder if the beers will be slightly different tasting from each brewery CA and NC, it may be a future experiment of mine.

Man, I REALLY wanted them in Knoxville. That was nearly a done deal, then NC came in and lowballed TN right out of the running.

I asked the guy at the last Knoxville brewfest about jobs with SN. He said that unless you have a piece of paper from UCD or Seibel, you would have to volunteer for a VERY long time before you got to play with the toys.

It is so weird that Asheville is this huge brewing mecca on the east coast nowadays.

When I was going to school in NC, Asheville wasn't exactly the first place anyone thought of when they wanted quality beer. Other quality "intoxicants" maybe, but not beer.

You can thank Oscar Wong for a lot of that. Highland makes some of the consistently best beer in the country. I've never had anything from them that I didn't love.

I'm very proud of my home state. I read on beernews I think it was, that they are allowing other local breweries such as Highland to jump in with them in ordering ingredients. This will allow the local guys to get a discount since Sierra orders in such large quantities. That’s a classy move. Grossman has said many times that the local community in the area has been incredible and he wanted to do what he could to say thanks. I’m sure this gesture is the first of many.

Latest posts

Back