Can someone smarter than my look at these schematics?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drumming102

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that when there is a coil covering the back, there are no lines in the side. I have an old fridge with similar coils and the sides were just hollow insulated walls.

Make sure you don't drill where you can feel anything solid and make a small hole to peek through before using the big bits.

No guarantees I'm smarter though. I've got about 5 holes for a 3 tap kegerator. :D

Wanting to Put my co2 tank out the Right side of my fridge (need 2 lines comming in for a dual regulator). It's a full sized over under fridge

I've looked at the schematics http://www.partselect.com/ModelFram...LFAIWL&Position=1&mfg=Frigidaire&Type=&Mark=1
And don't Think I'll have a problem as lond as I stay away from where the hump is on the inside.

Anyone smarter than me think the same?

Have the same type refrigerator. I drilled 1 hole on the right side for single hose, then split my secondary regulators inside the fridge. You're fine. Coils are on the outside, in the back. p.s. not smarter than you, just been there, done that.

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

It looks like the evaporator is up top in the freezer back and the condenser is on the rear outside. I'm a little shy to drill as the last fridge I killed by drilling near the door up to and hit a HEATING LINE? around the door.

Would like to not kill this baby.

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

EDIT: thx for the comments. Everyone else agree?

I'm pretty sure that when there is a coil covering the back, there are no lines in the side. I have an old fridge with similar coils and the sides were just hollow insulated walls.

Make sure you don't drill where you can feel anything solid and make a small hole to peek through before using the big bits.

No guarantees I'm smarter though. I've got about 5 holes for a 3 tap kegerator. :D
]

Yep, drill a small pilot hole just through the sheet metal on the outside. Locate and drill a matching hole through the plastic on the inside. Use a coat hanger to probe both holes for lines. I'm certain you'll find nothing.

IF -The condensor coil is on the back and it looks like the evaporator coil is mounted in the freezer compartment - then, your only concern is if it is a self defrosting unit. If so, there will be a loop of the condensor line around the door seal areas.

One way to avoid the problem is to drill from the inside > out. The condensor coils are welded to the inside of the outside metal skin. If you try to locate them by drilling from the outside, you run a risk of hitting the line. Drill from the inside, through the plastic, and then probe for a clear spot to drill through the skin.

So inside out is the safest?

I think I need to drill 3 holes on the right and 1 on the left as I've decided to put a retention chain to keep my kegs on the back hump from trying to fall off.

So the overall consensus is go for it just drill inside out a starter and fish around to look for a line first.

Back