What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Um ... PBR is not a Ukrainian beer :D

Aww come on, was just taking it easy on a work night :D I only buy a six pack of good beer during the week. I don't have a storeroom of hb yet. Hopefully soon. 50's all weekend and my propane tank came today. Finally get to try all-grain.

Monster then coffee. Late night and I agreed to get up early with the kiddos. Ugh. 30 min away from starting brew day so things are looking up.

haha
I wanted to take today off, but I feel like I'm taking more days off this month than I normally do. I HAVE to clean out my keezer and rack beer to a couple of kegs. I've been completely lazy about it. I lost a tank of CO2 while changing my shanks, I think a poppet was leaking. Anyway, just rambling to hear myself type.

Last night I took it easy. I was feeling super crappy and had to return my foster dog on top of that. I had only two beers, but Boulevard's The Calling is a really nice IIPA.

Lots of coffee right now. I'm not very motivated.

I think I may be "nesting" in anticipation of spring soccer for son#2 and baseball for #1 son...brew days will be few and far between. What happened with the pup?

Thinking about making myself an orange blossom but that could certainly send my day off in a direction the gal may not like...although she doesn't know it yet but she's buying a late lunch and maybe a bump at Surlys taproom this afternoon :rockin:

drunk-chicken-fingers-1.jpg

I think I may be "nesting" in anticipation of spring soccer for son#2 and baseball for #1 son...brew days will be few and far between. What happened with the pup?

Thinking about making myself an orange blossom but that could certainly send my day off in a direction the gal may not like...although she doesn't know it yet but she's buying a late lunch and maybe a bump at Surlys taproom this afternoon :rockin:

He was aggressive towards my cat. I can't keep a foster at the determinate of my other animals. I just feel badly because otherwise, he was a rad dog.

Water. Headache.

Anyone have a fancy all-grain brew day checklist they would care to share?

You are removing all the sport from it.

Actually, I normally create a checklist for that specific brew day when I do it. I did not do it this last brew and missed an addition...thankfully, just a whirfloc.

EDIT: mine involve water additions, both mash and sparge; water volumes; temp of strike water that, when grain is added will get my desired strike temp; expected mash pH v. actual pH; hop addition times, as well as any other additions; a place to list the amount of time it takes to cool; and general brew day notes (air temperature that day, things that went wrong, things that I should do different because I encountered a disaster, etc.).

Coffee. Trying to get a another brew on this weekend but my honey do list is as long as my arm. Part of that list is finishing my brew area and cleaning the grage, so baby steps I guess.

I put that sheet, the one from Brew Smith and the Bru'in water print out all in a notebook. Works well 😀

Kombucha, coffee, back to kombucha.

Need to get the kids up and pack for our transfer to a hotel for the Wizard Con this weekend. I hope the hotel bar has decent draft! Maybe Captain Kirk and Doctor Who will drop by for a drink!

Back