So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well a friend’s bbq just popped up in the calendar two weeks from now and that means tomorrow its brewing day. Its already warm and sunny here in spain so it’ll be a 7%abv NEIPA.

I dont usually brew dry hopped stuff but sunny time calls for hoppy refreshments!

Brewing up a gluten free "Teffeweizen" tomorrow:

Pilsner Rice
Ivory Teff
Munich Millet

Hallertau Mittelfruh
Munich Classic

Yesterday I brewed a beer with the intention of using up my overstock of grain . 12 lbs white wheat
2 lbs flaked oats
2 lbs pale ale
7 lbs Pilsner
2 lbs Bonlander Munich
1 ounce liberty hops at 30 minutes
1 ounce of citra at 15 minutes
3 ounces sweet orange peel and 3 ounces crushed coriander at 5 minutes
2 packets of Us 05 at 68 F
I guess I call it a blue moon summer ale , we’ll see in 2 weeks, no doubt it should be good.

Four gallon Amber ale on Saturday. Still dialing in my SVBS. Pre-boil gravity came in low despite steady mash temp @152. Pre-boil volume @ 6.5 gallon. Finished with 4 gallon @ 1.053, rather than predicted 5 gallon @ 1.059. I'm thinking tweaks needed to more grain and less water, increasing flow rate in recirculation, and reducing boil intensity from 95% to 80-85%. Nevertheless, fermentation is proceeding nicely @ 1.031 today. Also, noteworthy the refractometer and tilt readings were in agreement @ 1.053/4 given my eyes ability to resolve the little lines. Every brew is an experiment and an effort to reach the null hypothesis.

Brewed an American Lager on Saturday at my club's Big Brew Day. Used malted corn for the first time, which caused me to miss my OG by 7 points, but have to say the aroma coming out of the kettle was amazing, sort of combo of a freshly made corn tortilla and a fermenting pizza dough.

Back