Bottling from a coors light home draft set-up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnboy1313

Reaction score
I don't have any real kegging equipment, and bought this because it was only 13 dollars. It worked out really good for me, so much, that I plan on getting real kegging equipment soon. I took it to a party Saturday night and it was a hit. Sunday, I thought I would try to bottle the little bit that was left to take to a couple buddies that weren't at the party. It didn't work. The bottles filled with mostly head, and the contents were almost flat when I tried it. I even tried to fill a glass and poor it into the bottle from the glass with a similar outcome. I ran out before I could try anything else.

Being that I know absolutely nothing about bottling from a real keg, I figure that this is probably something that would have happened if I was using the real deal, considering what I know (or don't know).

I'm not really asking what did I do wrong, cause there could be so many variables. I guess I'm just asking for your thoughts.

It probably isn't ever going to work well out of the home draft since it likes to hold itself at a constant 15 PSI, and there is no good way to attach a counter pressure bottle filler.

If you really want bottles, just take the top off, carefully pour the beer into the bottle, and cap them. They won't be perfectly carbed, but it will be good enough to take to a few friends and drink within a few days.

Latest posts

Back