La Chuffe Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rizman460

Reaction score
I am attempting to make a La Chouffe clone (Belgian Ale). I have the DME, Hops, the dried orange peels (bitter) the Coriander seed (I will crush) and the Beglian Dried Candied Sugar.

The issue is I don't have the steps for when I should add the orange, sugar, and coriander during the boil, can anyone provide some insight?

Add the sugar and DME at the beginning of the boil. Add the orange and corriander at the last 5 minutes. If you have bittering hops they go in at beginning. If you have aroma hops, like Saaz, add them at the last 5 minutes.

Thank you very much. I appreciate the advice. I only have bittering hops which will go in at the start once hot break has occured. Have you made this before BigB? Thank you very much.

Not that exact one, but it looks like a combination of two I have done. That one you have actually sounds pretty good.

Back