Not bubbling after one day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acd

Reaction score
So I brewed my first batch on Saturday, and when I woke up today it had stopped bubbling. Is there a problem? Should I repitch the yeast or swirl it around a bit or something? There is obvious pressure, when I press down on the lid even slightly bubbles shoot out. I'm using one of the 6.5g buckets as a primary. Thanks in advance,

Bryan.

the last 2 batches ive done were with wyeast activator, both started up very quick, within about 4 hours i had great action on the airlock, after about 12-16 hours it slowed down to like one bubble per minute or less. from what i hear some fermentations can take off quickly and pan out to no action.

i would just leave it be for the rest of your planned primary period and xfer it to secondary like normal and it should be fine.

ok. thats about what happened, took off very quickly and then more or less died out.

It's possible (but very unlikely) that the fermentation has finished.
It's probable that you don't have a perfect seal on the bucket, and the CO2 is leaking out rather than being forced through the airlock. Either way, it's nothing to worry about.

-a.

i checked the bucket and it seems to be sealed fine. when i touch the top of it it sends bubbles through the airlock.

Also my wine that i started a day earlier is still bubbling away. The yeast i used was from a kit I got (midwest) with my setup when i bought it used locally. It doesn't look old at all but could possibly be a problem I suppose.

Latest posts

Back