Another from Durham, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9/9

Collembola!
Reaction score
I have already made some posts over in the beginners forum, but I always feel guilty for not posting an intro thread.

I am in Durham, NC and will be starting my first home brew batch with my wife this weekend. I hope it goes well! So far this forum has been a great deal of help.

Welcome! Like beerthoven said, there's a bunch of great guys in the triangle area here. Happy brewing and good luck with your first batch:)

Welcome to HBT. As you might have already noticed, there are a lot of Triangle brewers hanging out here.

Hmm, we've done the Carolina Brewing Company tour. I just checked the Triangle Brewing Company's website (they're in Durham) and they had a brewery tour this past Saturday (the 8th). Looks like the next one is on the 22nd from 1:00-2:30. That would be a nifty GRABASS outing.

Chad

Welcome. I call Chapel Hill home but I am hardly ever there. Plenty of help around here. Is the Durham LHBS still open?

The Durham LHBS moved to a different location - it's off I-85 now. It's in a tiny building though, I prefer to drive out to Raleigh to American Brewmaster.

Poindexter said:
Welcome. I call Chapel Hill home but I am hardly ever there. Plenty of help around here. Is the Durham LHBS still open?

Not sure which one you are referring to, but I got my equipment kit from here:

http://www.brewmasterstore.com/

Thanks for all of the welcomes. It is good to know that the Triangle brewers are an active bunch. Hopefully we will be able to join up for some of the get togethers.

I feel obligated to say welcome as well. Good to see another Durham homebrewer. I usually go to the Brewmaster Store as well. Rix is a really nice guy, even if his shop is a bit small. And GRABASS should def. go check out Triangle Brewing. I found out to late about this past weekends event, and I was pleased to discover that they don't exclusively brew Belgians. Should be a good time! Cheers!

Back