Converted Bayou Classic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splobucket

Reaction score
(Just Sharing) I converted my bayou classic burner to hold my full sized HLT keg! Booyah.

31685_561883538896_17502548_32645655_2832222_n.jpg

31685_561883528916_17502548_32645654_2334213_n.jpg

Nice work...I plan on doin the same to mine soon! Just curious, is that a base plate for a walbro (small engine) carb welded to the top tab in the 1st pic? :mug:

:)
Nice work...I plan on doin the same to mine soon! Just curious, is that a base plate for a walbro (small engine) carb welded to the top tab in the 1st pic? :mug:

Camera trick. I think you see a caster 10 ft. behind the burner. Of course, I stared at it for a second wondering why someone would weld a carburetor to a burner.

Did you think he welded a garbage can to the burner in the second picture?

PHP:
Did you think he welded a garbage can to the burner in the second picture?

Nice...I see it now. Thanks for the correction. :) Nope....I caught the garbage can.

Very nice. I have run into the same problem. I have the same burner and just built my keggle, is too big to fit on the burner. Great idea.

C-mon folks. He obviously did the propane conversion. The carburetor is to regulate the gas flow and control the fire. Duh.

I did something similar to mine. I have three pieces of round stock to keep my keggle in place. I didn't have angle iron on hand at the time. It amazes me sometimes how the simplest things make life so much less complex. Nice job.:mug:

Back