what do you think about this label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodfatherX

Reaction score
This is for a family reunion we are having over the summer. I know its pretty ruff right now IE not lining layers up and what not. I made it at 1st with the seal generator. Then, tweaked it in gimp. I'm not really sure I dig it though. So give me some ideas. It looks kinda ruff too because I converted it to JPG.

seal33wz3.jpg

Also, I forgot to ask. I need a way to attach them to the bottles, so that they will survive being in a cooler of ice water for a day. I was thinking maybe I could use regular printer paper. And give them a coat of lacquer or something like that?

Not sure on how to keep 'em on through a cooler. I'd do some experimenting before the reunion. :mug:
You might get a good result wrapping clear plastic packing tape over the labels, kinda like a lamination, but that would make them more slippery out of the cooler.

If you're willing to spend a little extra, some of the custom wine labels you can get are designed to be waterproof. A quick google search will give you a good list.

now that wouldn't be any fun.

I just did a test with clear coat auto paint. It looks quite promising.

Now onto the label......come on peeps give me some ideas. I know it can look better.

One suggestion to keep the labels on the bottles while in the cooler is to bag up your ice into a bunch of small Zip Lock sandwich bags so when they start to melt the water stays in the bags and not on your labels. You can also try using a bunch of those Freeze packs instead of using ice cubes.

UPDATE:

The auto Clear Coat spray worked like a charm. I just tested a label.....waterproof :rockin:

Now I need a glue that will hold up to the cooler.

As for the the bags for the ice........I might use that idea not sure yet. It'll depend on if I can get them glued on well enough.

How about this as and example.

reunion_ale.jpg

Why not glue the label on with anything and then spray the label on the bottle... I don't know if the clear will be able to adhere to the glass but it never hurts to try.

I do like that label you made. But I was wanting something that wouldn't use so much color ink. My printer burns through ink quick. I wanted to stick to semi cartoon looking items on it also.

Back