My Second Brewday Disaster

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batches_brew

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of looking at my secondary, well not really but I had to get something new going. I decided on a hefeweizen because I wanted to skip the secondary this time around, and frankly, I love hefeweizen. After learning more about these, I'm wondering if I ever even had a fresh one.

My last brew I did a partial mash, but for this one I went all extract. Brewing was great, no boil overs, no hops spilling over the sides. Cooling went good and all was well till I pitched a little more than a pint of wort on the floor. I wasn't even drunk. :eek:

Here I am in flipflops (bad food handling) with toes covered in sticky wort. I said f**k it and walked through it barefoot going to grab towels. I felt like I was in a swamp of sugar water. So needless to say I had sticky linoleum in the kitchen and sticky footprints on the hardwood floor going towards the bathroom.

Oh well, no big deal. I didn't spill much and my OG was right on point 1.045. By the time swmbo got home I was pretty much cleaned up, besides a few sticky spots I missed. She then grabbed the mop and continued to detail my disaster scene with out one single complaint. I was amazed because she really is swmbo. I love her. :p

BTW my wheat brew tasted so damn good. I could almost drink the wort just whenever. I can not wait for this beer. Should be ready to drink by my birthday on the fall equinox. :mug:

Doesn't sound like much of a disaster at all!

When I was emptying my mash tun on my last batch, the tun slipped and half the grain ended up on me. The beer it made is fantastic, but I was a giant mess. :)

A disaster is when you are paining the ceiling with bare feet standing on a chair and step off the chair INTO the paint WITH BOTH FEET!!

THAT is a disaster.

LOL. Funny stuff.

My primary is now fermenting away with a nice, I guess, wheatie smell. My secondary has kicked up a bit with a little krausen and airlock bubbling. Life is good. Now to figure out if I can fit a third. Is that bad? I haven't even bottled my first brew yet.

I just can't see how this isn't a win-win situation.:D

Fall equinox?

Summer solstice here. Good to meet ya. :)

Im to lazy to find the thread but one guy dropped his 5 gallon glass carboy on the floor and it shattered and 5 gallons went everywhere. That my friend is a bad brew day

Latest posts

Back