Need input on Brewery name and logo.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOHN51277

Reaction score
Have been tossing around a few ideas lately and finally came up with one I really like. It has more than one meaning to me so I chose it. I was messing around on a few programs and made a few logos and would appreciate some feedback on them.

angry-goat-finished-antique (Small).jpg

angry-goat-finished-blurry (Small).jpg

angry-goat-finished-edge (Small).jpg

angry-goat-finished-noise (Small).jpg

angry-goat-finished-pen (Small).jpg

I like the first one, but I think unless the name has real meaning to you, you should try something else. I think it has a good ring to it, though. The only reason I say try something else is because there's a lot of breweries out there that seem to use a type of animal and something describing that animal. It get's confusing and hard to tell them apart in my opinion.

That being said, you're not selling commercially, so you can name it whatever you want and not worry about branding.

John, nice logo first off. Not too complex and versitile.

I don't know how you normally print your labels (I.E. Clear labels, shipping labels, or Laser copies) but on the first one, if you choose to print on a white backing the "torn/grunge edges" may look a little amateur just on a white label/paper. If your going pro and printing on clear labels.... it would look amazing! but good work.

Where are you/How are you going to display the type of brew?

It is just a home brewing name/logo. I think after 5 years I needed to come up with something I can use as a logo for my labels. For the most part it will just be a small logo in the corner of my bottle label, and maybe a poster size in my garage near my brewing equipment. It also gives me something to model the names and pictures I use for the brews I make. I keg most of my beer, and usually bottle about a 12 pack of bottles from each keg and give them to friends and co-workers to enjoy, and give me feedback. I wanted something simple and easy to adapt into just about any label.

Back